VIA Studio is on the hunt for the next member of our creative team. We are an award-winning studio that works across disciplines to create and support brand expressions that are both elegant and solve problems. This position requires a deep understanding of the role and discipline.
- Work with client and project teams to generate and design intelligent, inspirational concepts that are both aesthetically pleasing and solve stated business goals
- Collaborate on specification of functionality on digital projects
- Constantly champion the best user experience on assigned projects
- Understand how to balance the nuances and requirements of both business goals and user paths
- Interact with clients to provide appropriate design solutions for the communication of the brand
- Evolve the position alongside industry trends and best practices
Skills & Requirements
- First and foremost: You are curious and have a love for our industry.
- You geek out over Information Architecture, Wireframing, and Content Strategy– and you value them implicitly.
- You can showcase previous work wherein you have established, implemented and tested a UX strategy.
- You are happy to work with the Accounts and Strategy teams to build on an established brand foundation.
- You have an advanced knowledge of design tools & techniques with an understanding of the best practices of asset creation for user interface elements. (We generally use Sketch and InVision.)
- Your portfolio of work solves problems and stands out visually.
- You know how to talk to people, coworkers and clients alike.
- Your meticulous attention to design details and overall product quality is almost annoying.
- You have the right attitude and approach. We are a brand of culture, and we seek out those who exhibit a meritable outlook.
- You have experience with marketing fundamentals related to our industry.
- You are at least familiar with agile, team-based projects and processes.
- You have experimented with prototyping and testing user interactions.
- You know how to prioritize the “absolutely necessary” from the “I would love to” tasks in a project — function over form.
- You are ready to fight for the right idea, but also know when to dismount your soapbox. Merit always wins.
We work out of the Louisville, KY area, but will consider a remote professional if you’re the right fit, and have experience as a remote employee. This position requires ongoing client relations.
Perks include a $1500/year conference budget, regularly scheduled hack sessions, and more.