VIA Studio is searching for a new addition to our growing Strategy team. Our ideal candidate is a veteran of both highly collaborative teams and innovative client work. Our strategists help to provide well-researched, user-focused goals and priorities for a wide variety of VIA Studio projects. In addition to defining strategy, strategists help to plan and put into play the tactics (marketing plans, messaging, etc) demanded by the strategy, and then to report on the result of said tactics.
You will work and collaborate directly with clients as well as VIA-based project managers, design and development staff to achieve the goals of the project at hand.
Strong research and communication skills paired with the ability to listen and assimilate that research and other data points are critical needs of this role. This is not an entry- or junior-level position.
The job is:
- Research and interact with clients to understand their objectives and identify opportunities
- Work with client and team to develop and present strategic marketing recommendations
- Collaborate on specification of functionality from a design and user-experience (UX) perspective
- Constantly champion the client’s and user’s goals
- Gathers key data that ensures well informed and effective strategic plans
- Develop marketing plans and then report and analyzes metrics from that marketing
- Reports directly to the Director of Strategy
- Curiosity and a love of this industry, enthusiasm for digital and traditional marketing
- Ability to provide unique, reasoned insights to execute client goals & concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop clear and insightful briefs as an integral part of the job
- Minimum 2 years experience solving problems with an analytical mind
- Good interpersonal, team & client management skills
- Insight to identify problems and proactively take measures to rectify them
- Resilience to balance a workload of multiple projects
- Ability to accurately specify budgets and timelines
- Experience with marketing fundamentals related to our industry
- Familiarity with Google Analytics at minimum, other analytics platforms or measurement tools a plus.
- An understanding of user-experience and digital design
- Demonstrable experience with marketing campaigns and web technologies (e.g. online tools and social media)
- Familiarity with agile, team-based projects and processes
You can expect:
- A wonderful team, each of whom care equally about the quality of their work and the well-being of their colleagues
- $1500/year conference budget
- Bi-weekly yoga and boot camp, on site
- Flexibility for remote days
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Health benefits plan