Want to work with smart people building neat stuff? VIA is the place for you!
Our dev team is a close-knit group of dedicated professionals. We pride ourselves on quality work, supporting each other, and leaving our egos at the door.
Learning is the key to everything we do. We like to find out about new ways of doing things, improving the ways we’re already doing things, and sharing all of this new knowledge with each other.
You’ll work with the team to maintain and develop a broad range of web and mobile-based client tools including Content Management, eCommerce, and custom applications.
This is an important agency position and, as such, requires a deep understanding of the role and discipline.
- Work closely with the Design and UX team.
- Make recommendations on design decisions to help projects stay on budget. We like a challenge but we also like to spend client budgets wisely!
- Write specifications based on the needs of the project before jumping into code.
- Transition existing web apps to mobile-friendly web apps.
- Interact with clients to provide appropriate web and mobile solutions for their businesses.
Skills & Requirements
- Intermediate-to-expert level CSS and semantic HTML
- Experience with front-end build tools (Webpack, Grunt, Gulp)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, particularly SASS (or LESS)
- Familiarity with open-source systems, particularly WordPress and Laravel
- Production based development on client and internal projects
- Participate in “Agile” planning
- Proactive initiative on project or internal technical issues that require resolution or process
- Participation in ongoing quality assurance and process improvements
- Attention to detail is a must
We work primarily in the LAMP Stack. Familiarity with the following tools is essential:
- Vanilla PHP & Frameworks (Laravel)
- Ecommerce (WooCommerce, Magento)
- Native or React-Native mobile application development
- Deployment Tools: Jenkins
- Development Tools: Git, Vagrant
You can expect:
- A wonderful team, each of whom care equally about the quality of their work and the well-being of their colleagues
- $1500/year conference budget
- Bi-weekly yoga and boot camp, on site
- Flexibility for remote days
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Health benefits plan