VIA Studio is looking for a motivated, collaborative Creative Director to lead our team of multi-talented designers. Our projects are varied, but traditionally fall into Strategy, Brand Identity, Digital, and Marketing initiatives. In addition to leading the team, you will continue to sharpen those maker skills by being heavily involved in design. We know that creation is the best part of the job.
- Sets directive for creative process from concept to completion
- Works with Strategists to establish direction and creative vision for client projects
- Collaborates with team to translate marketing goals into clear, creative strategies
- Participates in prospecting on pitches & proposals
- Reviews ongoing project work to ensure deliverables are meeting project goals, creative brief direction, and VIA’s internal quality standards
- Continuously champions the “Big Idea” goals and user experience of a project
- Art Direction & Design on assigned projects
- Day-to-day design lead / tactical guidance (tools / best practices / etc)
- Reports to Leadership Team
Skills & Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic multichannel campaigns to meet marketing objectives
- A strong understanding of brand development
- Infectious curiosity and love of the industry
- 5+ years experience in a digital agency or on a primarily digital team
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, as well as more modern design tools such as Invision and Sketch
- Proactive initiative on project process and efficiencies
- Understanding of UX/UI and its role and importance in digital projects
- Polished presentation skills
- Public speaking experience, or at least a desire to teach and lead
- Copywriting experience
- An established network of specialized resources
- Animation and video experience
About VIA Studio
In business since 1996, VIA Studio is a digital agency using design and technology to solve branding and business challenges. We work very hard and are proud of our work. We win awards, but we’d still be proud without them, because we do what’s right for our clients.
We work in a fantastic space in the NuLu/East Market area, which offers an easy commute and some of Louisville’s best restaurants. While we do offer flexibility to work from home when focus time is needed, this is not a remote position. Our creative team is highly collaborative and being on site is a key component.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes a yearly conference/development budget and several well-being perks. We are a dog, snack and coffee friendly office.