We are looking for a senior-level PHP developer with a broad range of skills. Most of our work is built on open-source technologies and the LAMP stack. We develop primarily with CakePHP, WordPress, and Magento, although our minds are open to other stable leading-edge solutions.
We work out of the Louisville, KY area, but might consider a remote worker if you’re the right fit. This position requires occasional client relations, so travel to Louisville would be involved if you’re remote.
Work with Designers and Front-End Developers to maintain a broad range of web and mobile based client tools including Content Management, Ecommerce, Intranet and custom applications.
Write Specifications based on the needs of the project before jumping into code.
Transition existing web apps to mobile friendly web apps.
Interact with clients to provide appropriate web and mobile solutions for their businesses.
This position will answer directly to the company president. We are growing and looking for someone to grow with us.
Skills & Requirements
- First and foremost: Curiosity and a love of this industry
- Advanced knowledge of PHP 5 & MySQL
- Experience with MVC frameworks, specifically CakePHP
- Working knowledge of SVN
- Working knowledge of Web Services
- Good interpersonal client management and phone skills
- Ability to accurately specify budgets and timelines
- Experience with PHP Open Source projects, specfically WordPress and/or Magento
- Experience with MS SQL
- Familiarity with mobile development (Android or iOS)
- Familiarity with Apache Server administration
Education / Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3 years experience with Ecommerce applications, Content Management, & other dynamic tools